Highlighted
Corvus
Level 3: Gumshoe

Mobile Data Usage Meter

Answered

Hi Everybody,

Yesterday and again today I tried to check my mobile data usage as I do from time to time but without success this time. I have been able to do it in the past and nothing has changed my end, but now when the page comes up there is "nothing to display"

At the top it tells me "0-0 Services of 0". I am about 2/3 way through the month, so there should be plenty of data to display. This is for my internet from mobile broadband.

Always when I've gone to this page before I've seen a list of data used day by day as well as a total etc.

What has gone wrong? What can I do to get my information? Thanking you for your interest in reading and hopefully an answer will emerge.

Trevor

USAGE METER.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile Data Usage Meter

Hi Corvus

Sorry it's not working for you. 

Have you tried re-adding your Mobile service to the usage meter?
It's possible that it's deregistered somehow - so it can't hurt to try the 'Add Service' option to see if that does the trick

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

You hit request PIN number to have a PIN sent to your mobile phone - that you then enter on the site which helps confirm the mobile is in your possession. Once you enter the pin, it should provide access to this service again.

You should also be able to check your usage within My Account if this is for a consumer grade service - without needing to use this section of the site.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Corvus

Sorry it's not working for you. 

Have you tried re-adding your Mobile service to the usage meter?
It's possible that it's deregistered somehow - so it can't hurt to try the 'Add Service' option to see if that does the trick

Corvus

Thanks for yuour reply Steph, Yes I did try that, and I had to give the number which I did but then "Request PIN". No idea what that is. When I first joined Telstra and I accessed the usage meter I'm sure the information was there, I didn't have to "Add Service". It is a mystery why something I've had so long is gone. Trevor
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

You hit request PIN number to have a PIN sent to your mobile phone - that you then enter on the site which helps confirm the mobile is in your possession. Once you enter the pin, it should provide access to this service again.

You should also be able to check your usage within My Account if this is for a consumer grade service - without needing to use this section of the site.

Corvus

Thanks Steph, Yes I did do that, request pin but nothing came through. I am on the 8G mobile broadband and this comes with a phone number, but no SMS or calling. Seemed odd to me at the time, but everything worked OK. I can see a bar graph of usage and another for days but I like to check detailed usage from time to time. Up until now that has been possible, but now no detailed usage available. If I never had it I'd probably not miss it, but I could get it until recently...I feel I should still be able to get it. Trevor
Corvus

A miracle has occurred. I just went to the usage meter to try the Add Service again and guess what, YES, you guessed it! My information is back!! It must have been a temporary glitch I suppose...anyway it's back so all is well. Did you do it? I reckon you should take the credit anyway! Thanks for trying to help anyway....much appreciated. Trevor
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to hear, Corvus. Thanks for letting us know. Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Corvus

Hi again,

Just thought I should let you all know - I just discovered a few minutes ago that I did in fact get a response when I tried to Request Pin the other day. I actually received a message on my modem.  Never really received messages there before and never thought to look. I looked for an SMS on my phone although number is different and I looked for email!

Now I know my pin number (unless it changes) in case I have the same problem again.

Thanks all.

Support Team
Support Team

Fantastic, thanks for following up and keeping everyone in the loop.

Corvus

Hi,

It must be an intermittent problem because when I went to check data it was gone again.

Easily retrieved by "Request Pin"

Thanks.

Corvus

Of course you need to "Add Service" before "Request Pin".
Sorry.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now