Highlighted
Rosem
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile Wireless Broadband usage

Answered

Hi

We have come from NZ where we used to struggle to eat through 2GBS. Here we get through 8 GBS in just a few weeks. We aren't doing anything different, apart from Skypeing once a week. I have used the Telstra Usage calucator and my usage isn't even 1GB so something is eating through our internet. The only other thing I can think of is the Playstation 3 which we never had connected to the Internet in NZ but have here. We hardly ever use it for the internet but would it still be using it if its turned off/standby? Doing updates in the background??

Is there anywhere I can view where the internet is going e.g. if someone else is accessing (it is secured) or a internet hacker etc??

Any help would be appreciated. It's getting very frustrating. I've used 1GB in the last day and I've only been surfing the internet (e.g. facebook)!!!!!

Rose

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 18: Intelligence Chief
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile Wireless Broadband usage

Hi Rosem,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy 

What I suggest you do is speak to a live chat consultant (They are very helpful) and ask them to provide you with a break down of your data usage.

This will allow you to find out when the data is being used and how much, this will help you identify any patterns and hopefully find the root cause.

Click here for live chat

- C

If you've found a  then don't forget to mark that post accordingly

Kudos  Recognise someone for their help by clicking this button on their post

Stick around great things are happening in Moderator

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey Guys,

I'll just jump in and point out that we'll only be able to tell you how much usage you've used in a day, not what times of the day etc.

However, you can also get this information online using My BigPond: http://www.bigpond.com/mybigpond

You just need to sign in with your BigPond email address, and the password you used to set up your connection/ check your BigPond emails.

It will give you the same information we can see :-)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 18: Intelligence Chief
Accepted Solution

Hi Rosem,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy 

What I suggest you do is speak to a live chat consultant (They are very helpful) and ask them to provide you with a break down of your data usage.

This will allow you to find out when the data is being used and how much, this will help you identify any patterns and hopefully find the root cause.

Click here for live chat

- C

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey Guys,

I'll just jump in and point out that we'll only be able to tell you how much usage you've used in a day, not what times of the day etc.

However, you can also get this information online using My BigPond: http://www.bigpond.com/mybigpond

You just need to sign in with your BigPond email address, and the password you used to set up your connection/ check your BigPond emails.

It will give you the same information we can see :-)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

kbremner
Level 3: Gumshoe

This happen to us as well changing from optus to Telstra and the data double per day. I don't believe their metering 

robhar
Level 1: Cadet

I,m using nearly 3 times what I did with optus & it is not that much faster.The usage meter in the sales page is bull**bleep**.I feel I have been sucked into a deal I cant get out of.,over half used 23 days to go and I,m using computor less than I ever did.I turn modem off all the time What the f-------------

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now