This thread is now archived and closed to new comments. Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question please post a new topic.
Mobile broadband upload speed slow in some locations
On my Telstra mobile service I am encountering extremely slow upload speeds <1mbps in one specific location (Northgate QLD, 4013) making it impossible for me to do basic tasks.
I have done all of the troubleshooting tests
- Reset phone
- Reset network settings
- Clear Cache
- New SIM card
- Confirmed no service disruptions or outages
- Tried at different times of day and night (its not a congestion issue)
A Telstra employee made a change to my APN codes in their system which fixed the issue for a few hours but it returned again that evening and has been a problem ever since. So far nobody in the 'Mobile Faults' team has been able to identify or fix the problem.
I dont understand how this could be a fault with my mobile (iPhone5, less than 2 years old)
- I have tried the sim card in another phone and it worked just fine.
- My phone works everywhere else
- My download speed is normal everywhere
On 3 separate occasions Telstra have not called me back when promised so here I am seeking answers. Any help/info is appreciated.