CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
charlie001
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile broadband

Answered

Hi, 

I'm in the process of getting my parents a mobile broadband modem which will probably be the HUAWEI E5372T that comes with the 5GB of data valid for 1 month. If I activate the sim and then also do a recharge with $180 for the 12GB soon after activation and before the 1 month expiry, will any of the unused initial 5GB be rolled over and consolidated into the new 12GB?

Also, what's the process?

Also, I'm assuming it's per kilobyte billing?

Also, what's the Huawei E5372T modem like as I also have a Sierra 760s that I could give to my parents but it's locked to Bigpond. 

Thanking you for any advice. 

Cheers

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Clyne
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile broadband

Hi charlie001!

The initial data of 5GB is only valid for 30 days from the activation date and the expiry will not be rolled over upon recharge.

The initial data would be consumed first before any recharged amount.

If you recharged $180 that's 1.46c per mb so that's 12GB and is good for 365 days.

For your modem, this is what I found from : Huawei Telstra Pre Paid 4G WiFi (E5372T)

Features:

• Connect up to five WI-FI enabled devices simultaneously including a compatible smartphone, tablet or laptop.
  • Battery life up to 10 hours, 400 hours standby
  • Interactive TFT LCD screen with display
  • Powered by the Telstra Mobile Network
  • Compatible with PC and Mac
  • Includes 5GB of data to use in Australia (30-day expiry)

You may click here to get more info about Prepaid Broadbands.

You have a Sierra 760s modem? If I'm not mistaken, you can purchase a Sim Starter Kit and use it on your Sierra 760s modem. Anyone here who can confirm if that's applicable?

I eat cookies and kudos! Happy thoughts!

Cheers!
Clyne

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Clyne
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile broadband

Hi charlie001!

The initial data of 5GB is only valid for 30 days from the activation date and the expiry will not be rolled over upon recharge.

The initial data would be consumed first before any recharged amount.

If you recharged $180 that's 1.46c per mb so that's 12GB and is good for 365 days.

For your modem, this is what I found from : Huawei Telstra Pre Paid 4G WiFi (E5372T)

Features:

• Connect up to five WI-FI enabled devices simultaneously including a compatible smartphone, tablet or laptop.
  • Battery life up to 10 hours, 400 hours standby
  • Interactive TFT LCD screen with display