CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
richardc0077
Level 4: Private Eye

Mobile static ip

Answered

Who can i contact at telstra about getting a static ip address on a mobile broardband so evertime i turn the modem a get the same ip address.

I have tryied to speak to someone at telstra be keep getting put through to someone in india who has no idea about i am trying to do..

in simple terms all i want to do is keep the same ipaddress for a cad system that others can login to.

Any help in this matter would be very greatfull.

Richard C Smiley Frustrated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
richardc0077
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile static ip

Hi All

solved the problem switch to optus for that got no problems sinceSmiley Mad

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent

Pretty sure you cant get a static IP address for a mobile device unless your connecting to a company VPN or WAN and it runs through that.  I have tried to do this for customers on numerous occasions when I used to work for Telstra and was informed of the above.

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

This product is no offerred to Bigpond Mobile Broadband customers (with a username) however some Business customers on a Business Plan may be able to get it added. It's not something that is pro-activley offerred by Telstra however Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 21: Augmented

I have a mobile service with a static IP, it's not through Telstra though, it is possible to use other methods to get to your destination from the outside world but that is dependent on the hardware you're using
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
richardc0077

Hi All 

I found that telstra MBB will not let me access my home computer BUT Optus will 

With Telstra i type 100.xxx.xxx.xxx/mysite and all i get can not find the web page but i do the same with optus on up and running straight away.

so when I go to demo this product to some of my customers I will be demoing boths systems. it a shame telstra might miss out on some very big accounts because of such a small deal. Suppose they don't care about a couple hundred customers anyway. the claim to have 2.5 million customers so to HELL with us small fry.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@richardc0077 wrote:

Hi All 

I found that telstra MBB will not let me access my home computer BUT Optus will 

With Telstra i type 100.xxx.xxx.xxx/mysite and all i get can not find the web page but i do the same with optus on up and running straight away.

so when I go to demo this product to some of my customers I will be demoing boths systems. it a shame telstra might miss out on some very big accounts because of such a small deal. Suppose they don't care about a couple hundred customers anyway. the claim to have 2.5 million customers so to HELL with us small fry.

If its simple sites that you need to access, then I'm not sure what the issue is Smiley Frustrated, are you able to ping or traceroute to the site at all?

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

richardc0077
Accepted Solution

Hi All

solved the problem switch to optus for that got no problems sinceSmiley Mad

NMalavde
Level 1: Cadet

Hi,

Do you have optus sales contact details for mobile wireless broadband with static IP?

Thanks and warm regards.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now