The Device is using the latest firmware NTG9X50C_12.06.08.00
I have had no data usage display for a full billing period. (thinking that its was a telstra issue) my account is a postpaid and the sim is telstra. I did a factory reset on the device and now it shows detecting service. I can still connect to the internet through the device. i have removed the sim and placed back into the slot, no change. the only way for me to see the usage is through my account through the telstra 24X76 app.
is this a telstra issue or a Netgear issue?
Was this helpful?
Hello, the problem is on Telstra's side.
I also have not had usage display for a few weeks.
I use Advanced 111 modems (Netgear)
PS I haven't reported it to Telstra as the reporting process is more "painful" than the inconvenience !!
It's a Telstra problem, not a Netgear problem!
Ok, I skimmed the first response. I Have however posted on the netgear forum see what the community comes up with there. is there a way to report this issue online to telstra? it's obvious that there are people with the same issues but it hasn't been rectified. so the possibility of telstra knowing is xerox
You can use Telstra Chat
It is a known issue affecting several models. Off the top of my head I think it is only the nighthawk M2 and HTC 5G Hub that aren't.
No ETA yet
Hi. I have the same issue with my Netgear Nighthawk M1. There was a similar problem a few years ago. Eventually there was another software update issued but it took a while to happen. Telstra needs to ask Netgear to sort it.
I am not sure if this will make you feel better.
I have a prepaid Aircard 790s. Maybe a month ago, mine stopped showing usage info as well.
My guess is some halfwit programmer(s) updated the software on Telstra's end. Maybe they fixed something, maybe not, but they definitely broke something. Now we are all waiting for them to fix our issue then.
Yeah, well its just so inconvenient if I didn't have the telstra 24/7 app i would not know how much data i've used. This has been going on for 1 month. I have posted on Netgear and have been informed on there that it should be fixed in a couple of weeks. You wouldn't thought that It would take this long to fix.
I can confirm that I am also having the same issue with the 4GX Advanced III modem. I have reported this multiple times to Telstra and completely agree that it is a very 'painful' experience and I have no confidence that they are doing anything to address the issue as each time I contact them I have to repeat all of the same information over again - they don't seem to understand the issue correctly.
I have the exact same problem, my device is stuck on the same setting and has been for 2 billing periods.
I have tried a full hardware reset, removing the sim, everything possible however the problem persists. I want to be able to tell how much data is remaining on my plan by simply looking at the screen of the Nighthawk, having to enter a separate application is not an answer when the Nighthawk device has a feature, which Telstra seems unable, or unwilling to fix despite multiple threads from owners stating that this is a serious problem.
Telstra really needs to resolve this issue, ringing support and having them tell you to contact Netgear is of no help whatsoever when Netgear advises that this is a Telstra issue. As Telstra is the provider of the connection in the first place, its as plain as day that this is a Telstra problem.
My Firmware is NTG9X50C_12.06.08.00
Despite a Netgear firm update a few days ago, the problem still is there.
I really wonder if anyone is "listening" ??
I have the exact same problem, it is costly and very irritating. I have scoured all the online forums for a rectification for this issue but it seems there is none available.
I have read and repeatedly tried all of the Telstra solutions to this problem, but they simply do not work at all.
Please Telstra, get this issue rectified - twice now I have had to buy more data as it has all be used up due to this function not working. This is an inbuilt feature of the Nighthawk and you are the network supplier, the fault and ability to rectify the fault is yours and yours alone!
New firmware for the devices that should fix the issue has been created by the manufacturers and is currently undergoing testing
Eagerly awaiting this update - same issue here, both Telstra and Netgear haven't been able to help apart from take it back to the Telstra shop.
Update now available - shows data usage but has incorrect plan total
at the moment it is saying 1.2GB of 5GB used - whereas I am on a 60GB plan which showed up correctly in previous firmwares
Thanks for the link to Netgear Forum on this topic, @mutton1 .
Updated my post-paid MR1 just now to 12.06.08.00 device PRI version 05.05. Data usage and billing cycle now showing correctly on device and in dashboard.
Prepaid M1 also now updated and showing data and days remaining.
Strangely Wifi standby and Ethernet standby went back to defaults while DNS settings and whitelist remained in place.