Bateo2
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear Nighthawk M1 - Detecting Service

Hi I have recently upgraded the firmware version of my Netgear Nighthawk M1 to version NTG9X50C_12.06.02.00 as directed by the device. All seemed fine, but after a restart the device now only shows Detecting Service on the main screen. You can still connect to it, and it seems fine, though speeds have decreased, and dropouts are occurring. I have found older Firmware versions (12.05.05.00, and 10.25.01.01) but the device will not allow me to replace the firmware. Performing a Factory Reset is also fruitless. Any assistance much appreciated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 - Detecting Service

Hi there.

Have you made any progress on this issue since your post during the week? Are you still experiencing issues with this?

-Kieran

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Bateo2
Level 1: Cadet

20190730_235137.jpg

Unfortunately no progress. No way to downgrade the Firmware upgrade, nothing available over the air, and no compatibility from overseas servers for the same hardware. Very lucky to exceed 1 bar of 4G coverage now (lucky here in the photo to scrounge 2 bars). The battery seems to drain far quicker now as well, and of course all that you can see on the screen is "Detecting Service"

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Bateo2

If you are yet to have the chance to speak to our Tech Support team for some assistance they can be contacted via secure Live Chat here:  https://tel.st/3x3gg or on 133933. 

Keep us posted on how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now