CrowdSupport®
Rayden2
Level 2: Rookie

Netgear Nighthawk M1 Router continuously disconnects

I have set the device up, and on 2.4 GHz WiFi it works for a short while then disconnects for some reason.  For example, if I run a speed test it will work once or twice, but on the third time, say, it does not finish. When I then look at my WiFi connection options, the 2.4 GHz SID is not there.  It will then reappear in about a minute. It then seems that the Nighthawk device has restarted.  It will then work again for a short while.  I have disabled WiFi standby on the device.  The 4G signal is good at about 4 out of 5 bars.  I have performed a factory reset in case I had changed anything inadvertently but this did not help.  

Somehow it seems to be load related in that it seems to disconnect when under load, such as the speedtest.

When watching Netflix, it seems to run for longer, up to about 15 minutes, but sometimes just a minute or so. 

When the speed test runs, the speeds are around 5 to 40 Mbps.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 Router continuously disconnects

Could try factory resetting the device
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 Router continuously disconnects

Hi Rayden2, did you try 343GuiltySpark's suggestion?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now