CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
neilneil53
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear Nighthawk M1 mobile broadband diconnected

I have just bought a Netgear NightHawk M1 and began setting it into place in my network. All went well initially, and I was able to use wi-fi connections in both 2.4 Hz and 5hz. USB tethering was also working well.

Setting up the Ethernet offloading - trying to determine what it was able to do for me - I had no real success despite many attempts.

I am now being presented with an alert message saying "Mobile Broadband Disconnected" and the device does not connect to internet. The other mobile devices on my group plan are still connecting ok.

I am also unable to connect to the M1's home pages via 192.168.1.1.

Will this require a re-set to get it operational again?

Thank you in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 mobile broadband diconnected

@neilneil53

You might need to reset the device and set it up again.

You can reset this by removing the back cover and pressing the reset button for 10 seconds.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

neilneil53
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 mobile broadband diconnected

Thanks for the reply.

Yesterday (Monday) I went back into the Telstra shop with the Nighthawk and they did several resets but the problem remained.

They checked from Telstra end that everything appeared ok with the account and group plan setup etc....all looked ok.

They were unable to get the Nighthawk to respond.

We eventually swapped the sim card from another (older) 4GX modem with the card from the Nighthawk. Both Telstra sim cards performed as normal when in the older device.....and both presented with the same problem on the Nighthawk.

The Tesltra shop replaced the Nighthawk with another device and all came up without problem.

I was most impressed with the professional way the shop handled the whole thing.

I am working off the replacement Nighthawk as I write this email.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now