CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
MikeSz
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear Telstra wifi 4GX Advanced III Wifi - firmware upgrade issues

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone is having similar issues with their 4GX Aircard 810S mobile wifi device after the recent upgrade to the firmware that was rolled out by Telstra. I'm experiencing really odd behaviour:

- really long time to get a new IP address from the embedded DHCP service (as compared to previous version that was almost instant)

- stability of wifi (dropping out)

- Device no longer totally turns off - just goes into a standby mode and drains battery

It feels like the recent firmware update (while it completed successfully on my device) has really buggered it up. Any thoughts? Is there a way to go back to the original version of firmware?

thanks in advance

Mike

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
User160912

Re: Netgear Telstra wifi 4GX Advanced III Wifi - firmware upgrade issues

Yes exactly the same issue with drop outs and power turning off, I would like to know how to roll back this update !

Dr_Keats
Level 2: Rookie

Same here - now either won't connect at all, or sits on "H" or "3G", rarely "4G", and never enough to enable an Internet connection to be established. Reboots regularly.

On connecting to the device, a pop-up appears telling me that "Additional logon information may be required", and prompting me to click. When I do, it opens a browser window, but doesn't connect to anything.

Started a week or so back - connection dropping out now and then. Lost it for several hours last night, and same deal tonight. 

"Helpful" Telstra off-shore customer service person tried telling me it was my lap-top that was at fault, but was unable to answer how my lap-top was preventing a wireless modem from connecting to the network...

20160815_223817.jpg

Dr_Keats
Level 2: Rookie

Here, have another!

20160815_223850.jpg

20160815_223901.jpg

20160815_230452.jpg

Yeah, my lap-top's definitely to blame...

snoopy57

Me too having the same problem (as Mike ) does anyone know how to fix this  with the WiFI 4GX Advance 111 go to use it & no power as it wont turn off evrytime sick of charging ti only to be flat when i want to use it 

Thank you for any help or advice you can give Smiley Happy 

MikeSz

Yes, still a problem. Very, very frustrating. I think the only option is to roll back the firmware upgrade but that means Telstra would have to push it down to each device.

Hey Team Telstra - how about some help here??

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi All,

Can you confirm if you have tried restoring the modem back to factory defaults?  

If you haven't, you can find the instructions to do this start on page 102 of the user guide http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/AC_790S_Telstra/AC790-1TLAUS_UM_4Aug2015.pdf

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

weedy

I have the same problem with drop outs - it connects then drops out and repeats doing that.  Overseas help can't help and the Telstra store can't help and as always you can't talk to an Australian in an Australian Telstra Office.  Telstra is so **bleep** scared of Australians for some reason.....it really says a lot about the business!

So has anyone got any ideas to he get us all back to using our modems!  Maybe an Australian Telstra employee tech expert?????? 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@weedy

Are you able to confirm the steps you have tried, including if you have completed a factory reset of your device per the link provided by Shellock above?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now