CrowdSupport®
jessngrant
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear mobile 4G broadband device, Aircard 782s

Answered

Hi All,

I have a Netgear mobile 4G broadband device, Aircard 782s (I think that's all the details!)

Have come over to South Australia, looking at moving here, and the internet won't work in the house I'm staying in. It keeps coming up with  'alert - mobile broadband disconnected'

Any ideas? Bill's all paid, battery's charged, and it's got full signal... very frustrating considering this is my second device in as many months (first one the screen display disappeared on me), and I'm paying a monthly bill for internet I can't use...

Thought I'd check here today quickly before I call!

THanks Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Netgear mobile 4G broadband device, Aircard 782s

Download the userguide from here: http://goo.gl/DJR6sH

Follow the steps on page 52 & 53 to Configure the APN settings. This is where the BigPond login details are entered.

You will just need to edit the existing APN configured and update the password, save and connect.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jessngrant,

Does this issue happen in all locations or only at home? As it sounds like it could be a coverage issue, where you maybe getting poor signal indoors

How many bars of signal do you get at home?

Did this issue only recently occur? if so what is your Suburb or postcode so I can do a quick check for any outages

- Steve J

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

JaceJace
Level 2: Rookie

Hi,

I am having the same problem. It is not just at home it is everywhere. it worked for 1 month of my plan, now that my data has started over for another month, it wont connect. It originally started when i used up all my data before EOM, but i just assumed it was because the speed went really slow it was having trouble, but it is still having trouble connecting.

This is the 3rd problem i have had with this thing and i have only had it 2 months.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi JaceJace, 

I have a few questions.

Is this for a BigPond or Telstra device? If it is a BigPond device, have you changed your BigPond password recently? 

How many bars of signal are you getting? If you are able to get signal, have you tried locking the modem to 3G only or 4G only?

Is it advising of any error when you try to connect?

Are you connecting to this device via WiFi or using the USB cable?

- Shelly

JaceJace

answers:

1. I bought the device through Telstra under a bigpond account. And regards to the password, i haven't changed the password on the device but i did change my password to my account (as something went wrong and i couldn't log in so i called bigpond to get my password, which i then changed)

2. I get a decent amount of bars at home i can get 4-5 bars and at the moment i have about 3 (at work). I don't know how to lock onto 4G or 3G so i can't say i have tried it.

3. No error, i tap connect (on both device and hotspot homepage) and it tries to connect, then shows its disconnected again.

4. at the moment i am trying to connect WIFI.

thanks

Jacinta

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi JaceJace, 

If you change the password on your account, you need to update the modem with these new details.

- Shelly

JaceJace

And i think it is currently on 3G only (cause thats all it has when i look at it.
JaceJace

How do i do this?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Download the userguide from here: http://goo.gl/DJR6sH

Follow the steps on page 52 & 53 to Configure the APN settings. This is where the BigPond login details are entered.

You will just need to edit the existing APN configured and update the password, save and connect.

- Shelly

JaceJace

That worked. Thank you so much for your help and your quick responses too Smiley Happy

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I'm am glad to hear that this has now been resolved for you. Can you mark this as a solution as it may help other customers who experience a similar issue in the future.

- Shelly

Yasmin77
Level 1: Cadet

Hi
I am having this problem right now.
I haven't changed any passwords or anything. I have full coverage. It sometimes says it's connected but wheni try and use my iPad it says no internet yet it says I'm connected to my wireless.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Yasmin77,

That isn't good to hear.

Can you please try resetting the device. You'll need to go to Settings > Reset

After the reset please reconnect your iPad and let us know how it goes. 

-Matt W

Jeffson
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Hi, Do you know how to unlock Netgear aircard 782s? Our boat will go to Asia, to Hong Kong and the near countries. I suppose if i don't unlock the 782s, i can't use it there, right?

Just share my life, my knowledge..
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jeffson,

You will need the unlock code for when you insert the SIM card of another provider. Is this for a Telstra or BigPond Mobile Broadband service?

- Shelly

wolfieboy
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: Netgear mobile 4G broadband USB modem device - 320U

My brother has the Acer  Aspire Laptop with the TELSTRA Netgear USB Broadband modem plugged into a USB port.

= TELSTRA USB 4G ( 320U ) Mobile Broadband USB Modem

Tim Bartel article Title - search for:  TELSTRA USB and Windows 10 incompatibility

Since he upgraded last week to Windows10 he has had no internet service. Wi-FI works perfectly.

Took it to TELSTRA shop TTPLaza SA and they gave him the notes by Tim Bartel.

He then brought it to me and I started to implement the instructions on the first 5 pages which are for the Post paid bill account service.

On page 4: Select add an Internet APN the printing is too small and it is hard to see the dot between telstra and bigpond.

e.g. APN = telstra.bigpond  ( the dot is important but hard to see on the printout handed to him by TELSTRA.

Following the instructions to the finest detail, a window appeared with 3 comms items including the 4G USB modem device. I right clicked on that item and created a shortcut on his Windows 10 desktop. That new Icon was called Cellular Shortcut.

( I then deleted any other unused APN information and just left the one I created from the instructions. )

That new Icon allows you to Connect/Disconnect and also monitor Status after you right click on it to see the context menu options available for that Icon.

All works very well as a temporary fix. Do not use the old original Icon you used be4 now.

Telstra Chat service person told me there was no fix. She was wrong. The instructions by Tim Bartel work apart from the note above - people need to watch - e.g. the dot between testra.bigpond

My brother was very happy to have his internet back :-)

- Wolfieboy

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now