CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
peta1346
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear mobile 4G broadband device, Aircard 782s

I have a Bigpond Netgear mobile 4G broadband device, Aircard 782s which I purchased from Telstra less than 3 years ago.

My 2 year plan expired 6 months ago and I had an alternate source for internet installed at my home, I am in the country with only copper connection, I now have wireless connection for home.

However, I now wish to use the device when I am travelling within Australia

and went to my local Telstra shop and purchased a prepaid SIM.

It didnt work so I returned to the Telstra shop to find out why.

I was told that since this is a Bigpond device, (sold to me by Telstra) it is no longer supported byTelstra and will not work with the Telstra prepaid data sim.

The device is a Netgear 4G Advanced with Aircard 782S less than 3 years old, what is going on, is that correct??

peta1346

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Netgear mobile 4G broadband device, Aircard 782s

They may be correct but you can try this first

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/AC810S_Telstra/AC810S_1TLAUS_UM_17Aug2015.pdf

This is a manual for the advanced III but it is a simliar setup for the 4g advanced, the menu just may look slightly different. Look for the section about configuring APN and try these settings

Also i am not sure if you will be using ipv6 to connect or ipv4 but you can try these:

Name: Prepaid

APN: telstra.internet

Authentication: None

PDP: IPV4

PDP Roaming: None

save that off and select your new APN entry as the primary, then try rebooting the device and see if that works

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now