maverick61
Level 1: Cadet

Nighthawk M1 - Detecting Service

I have a netgear nighthawk m1 running firmware version version NTG9X50C_12.06.02.00 using a prepaid sim. everything was working ok until i tried to implement ip passthrough and I needed to do a factory reset after which upon restart I got the following message on the screen " Detecting service". I have since been to the local Telstra Shop and done sim replacement with no change... ideas please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Contours
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Nighthawk M1 - Detecting Service

We have exactly the same problem with our Netgear Nighthawk M1 running firmware version NTG9X50C_12.06.02.00 using a postpaid sim. There was a message on screen advising of an update. Immediately after the update the same message "Detecting service" appeared on screen permanently. We did not do a factory reset, but had the same problem. We have subsequently tried a factory reset and everything else Telstra support has suggested without solving the problem.

We have also now contacted Netgear who advised us it is a Telstra problem and they referred us back to Telstra to request a firmware fix.

Telstra, can you please tell us when this firmware issue will be fixed.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi 

maverick61, i'm sorry for the delay in responding, can i ask if this issue is still ongoing?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

garryrd
Level 2: Rookie

I have the same problem of seeing "detecting service" displaying on the m1's first screen. Internet connection is working fine but the" Data used/ days remaining" screen does not display. Doing a factory reset and seems to retain the latest firmware as checking for firmware upgrade returns no new apgrade available.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more