AT3749
Level 1: Cadet

Nighthawk/OfficeJet 5220

Hi all, I have a brand new Nighthawk and also a brand new OfficeJet 5220. I haven’t done anything special with either of their settings yet when the printer is turned on my bandwidth becomes unusable. Speed tests show that before the printer is turned on anywhere between 30-40mbps. When the printer is turned on it drops to 0.3mpbs. It’s driving me crazy because I can’t figure out what would be causing it. Please help!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Nighthawk/OfficeJet 5220

That definitely shouldn't be happening, but the first step that I would do is reset the settings on the printer and set it up from scratch and see if that solves the problem.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AT3749
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Jupiter, I have reset both the printer and the Nighthawk and get the same result. When it happens I also can’t access m.home and the Netgear app is very buggy (to the point where it says the modem isn’t supported by the app).
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Have you tried turning off WiFi direct on the printer?

1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch (Wi-Fi Direct).
2. Touch ( Settings ).
3. If the display shows that Wi-Fi Direct is On , touch the toggle button next to Wi-Fi Direct to turn it off.

When WiFi direct is on the printer creates its on network  on the same frequency as the modem for devices to connect to. This might cause interference with modems network.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more