CrowdSupport®
Colbiccino
Level 1: Cadet

Online gaming

I’m having an issue logging onto the blizzard server to play overwatch on PS4. It has issues most of the time but occasionally I can get online. Do t have any issue with other games. Been in contact with blizzard and they believe there is an issue between Telstra and the blizzard servers. What can I do to resolve this?? Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Online gaming

@Colbiccino wrote:

I’m having an issue logging onto the blizzard server to play overwatch on PS4. It has issues most of the time but occasionally I can get online. Do t have any issue with other games. Been in contact with blizzard and they believe there is an issue between Telstra and the blizzard servers. What can I do to resolve this?? Thanks

@Colbiccino Not much unless you purchase a service that helps reduce latency by cutting down the least amount of hops (You can google them).

I've been discussing it with NordVPN (My preferred VPN) to offer that service with their current product which they are looking into it. Especially for countries that don't host the game servers.

Telstra don't worry about gamer pings much, and MyRepublic apparently offer an optimised service for gamers. But I don't know how successful that is.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Level 24: Supreme Being

I did try MyRepublic on our FTTP connection for a trial which they offered when I was looking around and my ping on most games was higher and my speed was slower. 

AussieBB has given me a better ping and had awesome listing of their network load which is pretty cool. 

In my case most games were ok on Telstra but AussieBB was slightly more consistent. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

@DrQ wrote:

I did try MyRepublic on our FTTP connection for a trial which they offered when I was looking around and my ping on most games was higher and my speed was slower. 

But did you try it on their gamer pro plan?

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

Yes. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now