CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
mrmont50
Level 1: Cadet

Parklea Outage

Answered

I'm one of the many customers impacted by the Parklea outage and want to know if my ADSL data allocation be moved to the mobile broadband device.

About to top up again within the last 3 days,this is cost me a fortune by the time Telstra gets their exchange up and running.

Appreciate your thoughts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Parklea Outage

The only way to access your ADSL data allowance over the mobile network is with the Frontier Gateway (www.telstra.com/getwifi) which is a hybrid router that has a built in mobile SIM card that is linked to your fixed account and kicks in to the mobile network when the fixed network is not working. It allows access to the network at up to 6Mbps over the 4G network.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

The only way to access your ADSL data allowance over the mobile network is with the Frontier Gateway (www.telstra.com/getwifi) which is a hybrid router that has a built in mobile SIM card that is linked to your fixed account and kicks in to the mobile network when the fixed network is not working. It allows access to the network at up to 6Mbps over the 4G network.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

bigkev_1966
Level 1: Cadet

I live across the road from where the fire happened at  3 Cavalry Grove.

I still have no home phone line so no ADSL internet in the house

Other friends in the area have advised they are already back on line

Any up-date?

It's costing me a fortune as I keep getting charged by Vodafone for excess data usage?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi bigkev_1966

At this stage we're expecting remaining home phone services to be reconnected by the 6th of June, and ADSL services to follow. 
However it is just an estimate. A detailed update, including how to request an interim service can be found via our Service Status page here:  http://tel.st/6x6a and searching Parklea

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now