Kbptrk
Level 2: Rookie

Pllllease help! Sierra 4g modem not connecting to net...

Answered
Hi all, got 4g mobile broadband last week (sierra) installed ok, used for a day them no luck since. Have been on phone to Telstra, no resolution even after remote access, was getting error messages saying something about LAN connections, have tried reinstalling, restarting etc, but nothing. Lights are coming on the modem but it seems the computer isn't recognising the modem. Running vista Smiley Sad Can anyone suggest any ideas to fix? It's driving me crazy... Thanks, k
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kbptrk
Accepted Solution

Re: Pllllease help! Sierra 4g modem not connecting to net...

Hello, I did book in for tmw but for decided to try one last time, uninstalled again and used a different usb and guess what... It has decided to play again... No idea what the problem was but so happy to have service again. Many thanks for your suggestions re solving this issue. K

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey there,

Sounds a bit of a headache that one! If you have a chance to I could recommend booking in to your local Tech Bar (www.booktechbar.com) for one of the guys there to have a look at it. At the very least we should be able to acertain whether the device is just faulty and in need of replacement.

If its still within the first 30 days of purchase we may need to send it off through store under the Early Life Failure (ELF) policy for a final assessment to get authorisation for full replacement (just make sure you have the box and all that with you) or if its outside the first 30 days, Sierra Wireless manage all their own warranty claims and can be contacted on 1800 172 244 to organise the warranty replacement.

Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
Kbptrk
Accepted Solution

Hello, I did book in for tmw but for decided to try one last time, uninstalled again and used a different usb and guess what... It has decided to play again... No idea what the problem was but so happy to have service again. Many thanks for your suggestions re solving this issue. K

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now