ajerrems
Level 2: Rookie

Pre-paid 4G installation problem

Answered

Hi,

I got a pre-paid usb 4g yesterday. When I try and install it I keep getting the same error message.

"An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click "retry" or "cancal" to end the install".

I have seen that a few people have had the same problem but the solutions given don't seem to work on my computer. This is possibly because I have a different version of windows. The computer I am using is a Compaq mini with a version of windows xp. It is the Spanish version. Please help. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ajerrems
Accepted Solution

Re: Pre-paid 4G installation problem

I managed to fix this myself. For people using a foreign language version of windows what you need to do is go to run. Enter CMD. Then in the window you type:

net localgroup Users /add

and Voila it should work. It did for me atleast.

4 REPLIES
Level 21: Augmented

Hi Ajerrems,

Are you trying to change your WiFi settings?

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

ajerrems

I haven't tried to change my wifi settings. Is this something I should do?

ajerrems

this person appears to have had the same problem as me. http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Elite-MB-Next-G-doesn-t-install-users-not-a-u... is there a driver that i can download for xp?

ajerrems
Accepted Solution

I managed to fix this myself. For people using a foreign language version of windows what you need to do is go to run. Enter CMD. Then in the window you type:

net localgroup Users /add

and Voila it should work. It did for me atleast.