Highlighted
swil78
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid 4G USB stick installation

Answered

I bought a prepaid 4G USB device today and when I put into my MacBook Air USB slot nothing has happened. The light on the USB flashes blue, but the computer doesn't recognise there's a device. I checked my USB port and it is definitely working. I also checked the 4G USB device was working by putting it in another computer and the auto download started, which I stopped as the computer was not mine. 

Any ideas of getting my new device working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid 4G USB stick installation

G'day, sorry all that didn't get you fired up and running.

Mate this is my next suggestion, if you have a Telstra store nearby, I'd strongly suggest booking a Tech Bar meet in store. The guys who do these appoitments are pros and should  be able to get to the bottom of this on site. You could arrange that through the following link; There's definately something strange going on ...

http://telstra.com.au/telstra-store/tech-bar/index.cfm

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES

Sounds like Áuto-run' is active on your Mac.

When you plug the USB stick in, check and see if there is a Telstra icon on your desktop, if so double click that, and the software will download.

If when you plug it in, the blue light is flashing, that indicates that there is software downloading. It might take a while and will either auto-run or when the Telstra icon appears double click it.

Take a look at the guide at the following link;

http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/download/document/usb-4g-guide.pdf

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

swil78
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Deanja. The light doesn't stop flashing and there isn't an icon on my desktop to show it has been downloaded.

The USB isn't actually being detected by my computer from what I can see. It doesn't appear in the devices section. I also tested the USB port was working and it is. 

Accepted Solution

G'day, sorry all that didn't get you fired up and running.

Mate this is my next suggestion, if you have a Telstra store nearby, I'd strongly suggest booking a Tech Bar meet in store. The guys who do these appoitments are pros and should  be able to get to the bottom of this on site. You could arrange that through the following link; There's definately something strange going on ...

http://telstra.com.au/telstra-store/tech-bar/index.cfm

I should have also said to take both your Mac Air and the USB device along to the appointment.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more