Highlighted
drdesmo69
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid broadband FAILURE.....

Answered

I purchased a new telstra prepaid broadband  (elite) account 3 days ago and did the activation registration and got confirmation that it had been activated and would be opertaional in 4 hours. That was days ago but it still says I have not activated when I try to use the thing.

I am not going to phone the useless call centre in the Philipines. Can someone who actually works for Telstra contact me and fix this problem immediately. As it stands Telstrea have sold me a defective product and i want it fixed immediately.  Really, get it right or get out of the whole business!!

So, please fix it now. Email me and I will send the sim details and number. I do not have time to waste chasing up of this poor level of customer service.

thank

Dr Desmo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid broadband FAILURE.....

Is the connection manager software on the computer still saying "activation has not been completed" with a button to do the activation, or does nothing happen or you get an error when you press connect?

If you have the 'activation has not been completed' message follow these steps to resolve-

- While holding shift, press the option button (the cogs)

- a tab will become available called 'diagnosis'

-click this tab and find the tick box that says "sign up has been completed for this device"

-check the box and click apply and then OK.

-hit the connect button and you should be away.

If this isnt the case, we may need to get someone to contact you to run through some further trouble shooting and double check the account, we should be able to organise one of the Social Media team to take care of that for you if needed Smiley Happy

Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Hello Dr. Desmo and welcome to CrowdSupport.

As this is a discussion forum and not an Account-Specifc customer service channel, I'm happy to give you some direction as to where you need to go to get your issues sorted Smiley Happy

AFAIK, Pre-Paid services are managed in the Phillipines, with no on-site staff anymore that support Pre-Paid customers (from memory this is, I'm not sure if the Online teams can do Pre-Paid). To be frank, if you want your issue resolved, it would be best to give them a buzz and see what they can do, instead of coming on here and having a racist banter Smiley Happy

You can also pop into a Telstra Store and they can confirm if the device has been activated if you would rather speak to someone local. When you know if the service is active, let me know and I'll give you instructions on how to force activate the software (This won't help until the number is active however).

Can you also try to put the SIM card into a phone and see if you get any signal at all?

Thanks!

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Is the connection manager software on the computer still saying "activation has not been completed" with a button to do the activation, or does nothing happen or you get an error when you press connect?

If you have the 'activation has not been completed' message follow these steps to resolve-

- While holding shift, press the option button (the cogs)

- a tab will become available called 'diagnosis'

-click this tab and find the tick box that says "sign up has been completed for this device"

-check the box and click apply and then OK.

-hit the connect button and you should be away.

If this isnt the case, we may need to get someone to contact you to run through some further trouble shooting and double check the account, we should be able to organise one of the Social Media team to take care of that for you if needed Smiley Happy

Josh | Tech Expert |

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
drdesmo69
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks JCKH, problem solved. Perhaps that step needs to be included in the info when activating?

Many thanks

Dr

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@drdesmo69 wrote:

Thanks JCKH, problem solved. Perhaps that step needs to be included in the info when activating?

Many thanks

Dr

It *should* do it automagically when it notices that it can access the net.... Not sure why its not

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Yeah its a bit of a gliche I find happens sometimes, pretty random but easy enough to fix Smiley Happy

Josh | Tech Expert |

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now