CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
KZR
Level 2: Rookie

Problem with Aircard 782S device it won't shut down

Answered

My AIrcard 782S device has been stuck in "shutting down" mode for nearly an hour. It goes to lock screen but won't open or shut down when I press the button. 

Can't login to online manager because my computer can't connect to the device.

Any ideas? Or will I have to wiat til the battery dies?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KZR
Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with Aircard 782S device it won't shut down

OK - if anyone is actually worrying about my problem - stand down. I remembered I could open it up and take out the battery. Still a bit bothered about it getting stuck like that though.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
KZR
Accepted Solution

OK - if anyone is actually worrying about my problem - stand down. I remembered I could open it up and take out the battery. Still a bit bothered about it getting stuck like that though.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi KZR,

We're glad you were able to get it working again. 

The Aircard is just like any other modem (or piece of technology in general), occasionally something goes wrong, and it needs to be rebooted. 
Should only be a once in a blue moon sort of thing (assuming it's regularly switched off, and not left running all the time) however if you find that it does start having this problem on a regular basis, have a chat with our Technical Support Team on 13 22 00 - If a Telstra Mobile Broadband service, or 133 933 if a BigPond Mobile Broadband service so we can make sure the device is ok.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now