CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Problem with Telstra Elite WiFi on Ipad

I have recently done my first recharge for mobile wifi on ipad, that is also 3G enabled with another sim. I did the recharge through 24/7 app, under the correct service, and it show that the credit balance update, however, since I recharged the ipad no longer recognises this service number as WiFi, and the 24/7 app now describes the network for this service number as 3G......What's happened and how do I fix it?

No other device that I used to be able to connect recognises the connection anymore either.

It's very frustrating, as now I have credits that I cannot use, as well as a basically useless modem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Problem with Telstra Elite WiFi on Ipad

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry but I am not sure that I follow as a mobile connection on an iPad is a 3G/4G service so I am not sure what you mean by 'my first recharge for mobile wifi on ipad, that is also 3G enabled with another sim'. Are you using two SIM cards?

When you talk about not being able to connect other devices, is this a separate wifi connection or are you sharing the internet connection of your iPad via 'tethering', also known as 'personal hotspot'?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit