CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
cybersquad
Level 1: Cadet

Public IP address for Mobile 4G - option GPTEXB3

Hi,

I am using 4G usb modem (connected via a Dovado Pro router) in our office as it is the only decent speed broadband available. I need to acquire a public IP address (dynamic is OK) for port forwarding to internal services.

Currently we are using the APN: telstra.internet with gives a 10.x.x.x (internal address) which is not suitable for port forwarding.

From "internet research" AKA Google, I have learnt that ringing Telstra and asking for a code "GPTEXB3" to be added to the devices SIM service, we can then use APN: telstra.extranet - which will assign a dynamic public IP address.

Can anyone confirm if this is still the case, and if so, a number that I can ring Telstra (from a non-Telstra service), as we do not have any Telstra phone services - only data.

I believe my device is a ZTE MF821

Thanks in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Public IP address for Mobile 4G - option GPTEXB3

Call Telstra 132999, ask for business Technical Support, tell them you require NAT Port Forwarding for your business, get them to activate on your account the following Profile GPTEXB3

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
PeterSek
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Public IP address for Mobile 4G - option GPTEXB3

Hi

Is GPTEXB3 avaliable for Small Business customers? ie personal ABN number

thanks

Peter

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now