Highlighted
tomrayne
Level 1: Cadet

SIM MEP Blocked

I tried unlocking my Telstra 4GX Advanced II device by calling Telstra. They gave me a code, but that didnt work. So they told me they will call me back in a couple of days. A week later i got a SMS from them with a new unlock code. I tried that code and now my device says SIM MEP Blocked. I tried going to a Telstra store where i bought it, but they want nothing to do with me. Does anyone have any ideas how to unblock it?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 21: Augmented

Re: SIM MEP Blocked

@tomrayne wrote:

I tried unlocking my Telstra 4GX Advanced II device by calling Telstra. They gave me a code, but that didnt work. So they told me they will call me back in a couple of days. A week later i got a SMS from them with a new unlock code. I tried that code and now my device says SIM MEP Blocked. I tried going to a Telstra store where i bought it, but they want nothing to do with me. Does anyone have any ideas how to unblock it?

@tomrayne I believe that is still saying it is locked to Telstra (SIM MEP Blocked). You are going to have to keep contacting Telstra until you get a code that works.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
tomrayne

Thanks for your reply, but It is not "locked", but "blocked". The difference is that Telstra provided incorrect unlock codes, and it is now blocked, just like if you forget your bank pin. There is no option to provide a new unlock code.

@tomrayne wrote:
Thanks for your reply, but It is not "locked", but "blocked". The difference is that Telstra provided incorrect unlock codes, and it is now blocked, just like if you forget your bank pin. There is no option to provide a new unlock code.

@tomrayne Its something that is still has to go through Telstra to get the appropriate fix/code from the supplier/manufacturer.

Even to the point of having to supply you with a new device.

I'm interested to find out how you get on? :-)

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Mkrtich
Level 11: Detective

Hi tomrayne  - I would expect a Reset to Factory Default would allow a fresh entry attempt after you re-validate the code with Telstra. If that mucks up your customised router settings, have you tried a power down after withdrawing the SIM, then reloading the SIM and turning it back ON. Once you have successfully unlocked the device with the eventual correct code from Telstra, you may have to manually enter your new carrier specific APN details into the unit.

tomrayne

Unfortunately that didn't work for me. Thanks for the suggestion.

tomrayne

I'll have to give it another go (talking to Telstra). Thanks

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now