blackrain
Level 1: Cadet

SIM MEP LOCKED

I am having SIM MEP LOCKED error on my Aircard 760S. But when I contacted Telstra Support, they kept insisting me to provide a valid Telstra account information. I am not a customer with Telstra, I just got the modem from another buyer long time back. Please advise how I can proceed from here. Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: SIM MEP LOCKED

Hello 

Did you speak to the 

Unlocking Dept or Technical Support?

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The device needs to be unlocked, but usually it needs to be done by the original owner (to prevent stolen devices from being used).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
blackrain
Level 1: Cadet

Hi ProfessorPhone,

I communicated with Telstra Support via live chat. They refused to proceed further if no account information was provided.

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Are you able to get the original owner to assist?

It may be useful to ring 132200 between 9am to 9pm AEST which  should be answered  in Adelaide. Have a talk with them as they have more flexibility than the overseas call centres. If you could produce a receipt it would help. 

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now