Highlighted
telstraiaro
Level 1: Cadet

SIM cards mobile broadband

Answered

Hello,

I have a prepaid telstra mobile broadband plan and I would like to buy another telstra prepaid mobile broadband sim card activate it (I assume it would be a different number to my existing SIM) and switch between using the two SIM cards in my telstra mobile wifi modem (it's unlocked).  The reason is that the existing service allows me to use the SIM to make phone calls whereas the new service SIM (with cheaper data rates) does not. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: SIM cards mobile broadband

yes, they have a SIM slot and on pre-paid are just like a mobile service and will pick up the details based on the SIM card in the device. Smiley Happy
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: SIM cards mobile broadband

yes, they have a SIM slot and on pre-paid are just like a mobile service and will pick up the details based on the SIM card in the device. Smiley Happy
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now