CrowdSupport®
KAS006
Level 2: Rookie

SMS access on prepaid WIFI

Answered
How do I access my messages on my prepaid wifi. I can see 5 messages but nothing happens when I click on them.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KAS006
Accepted Solution

Re: SMS access on prepaid WIFI

Thank you, it is the MF65 and not sure about what type of software. Safari is the search engine.
It tells me I have 5 messages but I click on the envelope and nothing happens.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
TheWanderer38
Level 16: Secret Agent

Hi

Which device have you got and what software are you using?

cheers

KAS006
Accepted Solution

Thank you, it is the MF65 and not sure about what type of software. Safari is the search engine.
It tells me I have 5 messages but I click on the envelope and nothing happens.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi,

Please log into the modem interface by typing 192.168.0.1 in safari when you are connected to the Wi-Fi device. The default password to login is "password"

Once you're in you'll see tabs at the top. Click on the SMS tab and you'll have access to the SMS's on your device.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

KAS006

Thank you Matt. Much appreciated.
ccallisen
Level 1: Cadet

Hello,

I have a similar problem, except when I click on "SMS" I just get a "Please wait" for ages - the SMSs never actually load. It worked OK when I first got my 4G dongle, but for the last few weeks I've had no luck, even though the interface is telling me I have unread messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

ccallisen

Support Team
Support Team

Hey ccallisen,

I've flagged this post so one of our Mobile techs such as Matt can have a look.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi ccallisen,

That isn't good to hear. Which device do you have there? Is it the MF65 too?

-Matt W

ccallisen
Level 1: Cadet

Hello,

I'm not sure on the specific model. It's the 4G USB dongle with the orange Telstra logo. On the website, it's described as "4G USB" under the Pre-Paid Mobile Internet category.

Thanks.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Ok ccallisen,

Please have a chat with our Pre Paid team just here: http://tel.st/nxzt so that we can troubleshoot this issue with you.

Cheers, Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now