CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Dim
Level 2: Rookie

Sierra Wireless 4G Wireless Modem design deficiencies

Answered
Yesterday I rang and increased my data plan only to find that I can now no longer access the Internet. It shows as "limited" access with excellent signal strength. It also shows no Internet access. Hours later and numerous tech support discussions and I am still without it. Tech tried to tell me it was my PC ...not so.....as I switched on work PC and same problem. My dealings with Telstra/Bigpond are fast coming to an end. Anyone had a similar problem. TIA

To add to my woes the tech support person suggested it might take some time to activate. This is garbage, they should have left the old data plan in place until this happened. Not happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dim
Accepted Solution

Re: Sierra Wireless 4G Wireless Modem design deficiencies

Shelly, thank you for at least responding. Last night I again rang Telstra tech people and eventually got someone who knew what to do. They had sent me a new password and never explained nor took me to the profile edit area on my Sierra device. As soon as he guided me to that area I could see the old password. Shame it took almost a week and talking to at least 6 tech people to get a fix. My brother who is in mgmt area of Telstra actually said to me a few days prior that they needed to look into the actual device settings, unfortunately he doesn't live nearby. Thanks once again for at your suggestions.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Dim,

That is strange. Do you have a BigPond mobile Broadband service or a Telstra mobile broadband service?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dim

Hi Ashley, I have a Bigpond mobile service, the network connection error number 29 i am told is a password or activation issue, it is now 37 hrs since they told me they would get snr support involved. I am not impressed., especially given that I have had this wireless plan for years and all I wanted was more data!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Dim,

It does sound like the password for this device is incorrect. You can contact our Tech Support team on 133 933 or via Live Chat https://livechat.telstra.com.

You can also recovery your current BigPond password using the following link:  https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/my-account-forgotten-username-or-password

Once you have the current password you can update your device by accessing http://10.0.0.138.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Dim

The support team have already sent me through a new password etc and I have activated that. The thing is the computer is connecting but showing "limited" ie cannot load etc. when I attempt to go to website it takes me to bgpond where I can see my device. When I try to update the device nothing happens.

Shelly I have spent hours talking too tech support with no success the last conversation I was told they would elevate the support level. I am still waiting for them to ring 54 hrs later. Very disappointed in the lack of support given (with this site being an exception...at least you are communicating)
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Dim,

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please try performing a factory reset of the modem and reconfiguring the settings.

Alternatively are you able to go to https://register.bigpond.com/adsl.do and register your modem?

Dim
Accepted Solution

Shelly, thank you for at least responding. Last night I again rang Telstra tech people and eventually got someone who knew what to do. They had sent me a new password and never explained nor took me to the profile edit area on my Sierra device. As soon as he guided me to that area I could see the old password. Shame it took almost a week and talking to at least 6 tech people to get a fix. My brother who is in mgmt area of Telstra actually said to me a few days prior that they needed to look into the actual device settings, unfortunately he doesn't live nearby. Thanks once again for at your suggestions.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now