CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
mundy629
Level 2: Rookie

Sierra Wireless Aircard 760s connection dropping out

Answered

Hi,             Im having some problems with my sierra wireless aircard 760s. I've been using this modem for a year now and have never had too much trouble with the connection until now. I use it mainly for playing video games because there is no adsl cable to my house so it's all i can use. I have an external antenna connected and get about 4 bars of 3g service. About 3 days ago the connection just started to drop out all the time but it only seems to on my playstation 3. I cant even play more than 1 minute anymore!! Is there any way i can stop this from happening? Please Help! Smiley Happy                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Sierra Wireless Aircard 760s connection dropping out

Hi mundy629,

I suspect that the issue may have more to do with the operating temperature of the device, given that it has worked well until recently and is affecting all devices. 

The operating temperature of this device is 0-45 Celsius. You can view the modems operating temperature by accessing it via:

BigPond: http://10.0.0.138

Telstra: http://192.168.0.1

Password: admin (unless personalised)

Once logged into the interface, click on About your Mobile Hotspot then View Details.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
mundy629

BMac
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Hi mundy,

If the issue is only occurring on one device then it would indicate an issue with that device however in an attempt to help I would suggest changing the wifi channel from the modem interface - this is trial and error but it will fix most dropouts between the modem and a device.  You might get it first time or you might need to try a few different channels to get the optimal one.  Hopefully this fixes your issue but if not let us know! Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Please note that I am an Telstra employee posting in my own time and on my own volition, my opinions and advice are my own and do not constitute the views, values or policies of Telstra.

If you like my answer please Kudos my post Smiley Happy
mundy629

Thanks BMac,

Unfortunately it's not only my ps3 but also my computer and phone now so i don't think its the wifi channel but i tried anyway and what do you know, no change what so ever. I really have no idea what to do. I went to the local telstra shop and they said that the signal from the telstra towers is really bad in Inverell (the town I live in) and they've told telstra many times that it needs to be upgraded but telstra has done nothing. Im locked in to a two year plan paying $70 a month and this is what i get, internet thats top speed is 200kbps and drops out every 10 minutes. The problem may be that I live too far out of town but with the external antenna I get 4 bars. Any more ideas?

Cheers

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi mundy629,

I suspect that the issue may have more to do with the operating temperature of the device, given that it has worked well until recently and is affecting all devices. 

The operating temperature of this device is 0-45 Celsius. You can view the modems operating temperature by accessing it via:

BigPond: http://10.0.0.138

Telstra: http://192.168.0.1

Password: admin (unless personalised)

Once logged into the interface, click on About your Mobile Hotspot then View Details.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Swamp
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, Just recently had similar drop out with a Sierra wireless. The problem only occurs when the device switches from 3G to DC ....dual carrier. Sierra is now owned by Netgear and I suggest you DO NOT change to Bigpond if you are canging plans (see my report today). Have a new Netgear wireless modem and all is good again. Cheers.

mundy629

Thanks shelly, just took my modem to telstra and they said the battery was swollen so I just ordered a new one I really hope this fixes it. Smiley Very Happy
E-W-R
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks BMac,I have the same trouble with my Sierra 760S modem and will try chanel changing.

It seems to happen more on one computer than another I have.They have different wireless adapter cards which may make a difference??

Best regards

Thanks for your time.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now