CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
claudius
Level 3: Gumshoe

Sierra wireless

Answered

Hi,

I live in Creswick and have had a Sierra wireless 4G 760S modem for 2 years. I also installed a good Telco indoors antenna but I never achieved a 4G signal, despite the fact that my address is marked as 3G/4G on the Telstra web page. I usually am on 3G, sometimes on DC and the best speed achieved so far is 12 Mbs, although most of the time it hovers around 8 Mbs. Pathetic! Can anybody explain why I don't get 4G, please?

Cheers

J-C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Sierra wireless

G'day Claudius,

If you're already getting a good signal, I don't think you'll get quicker speeds & wouldn't suggest anything to boost your reception such as an antenna. 

The speed you're getting is actually quite decent as I know people who have an ADSL connection that's not even as fast as that. 

We will be covering 85% of the population with 4G by the end of the year

Something to look forward to & apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

G'day Claudius,

When I search Creswick the area isn't covered by 4G . however it is covered by Next G & you should get typical download speed 1.1 to 20 Mbps. 

DC stands for dual channel & this is displayed when you're covered by HSPA+ (Next G).

Which means the speeds you're getting sound correct.

If you would like us to investigate this for you & make sure everything is running ok on our end, please have a chat to us via http://tel.st/gq6m or 133933 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

claudius
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks for the reply, ShannonD,

I actually asked the same question some 18 months ago and got the same answer. I guess, my question to you is : will Telstra upgrade its towers, software, hardware or whatever so that most people can get 4G and better speeds at last? Also, 20 Mbps would be nice but how can I get that?

Cheers

Claudius

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

G'day Claudius,

If you're already getting a good signal, I don't think you'll get quicker speeds & wouldn't suggest anything to boost your reception such as an antenna. 

The speed you're getting is actually quite decent as I know people who have an ADSL connection that's not even as fast as that. 

We will be covering 85% of the population with 4G by the end of the year

Something to look forward to & apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit