CrowdSupport®
saz_w
Level 1: Cadet

Spam calls to Post-Paid USB Mobile Broadband devices

I have a telstra wifi 4g advanced pro x on a plan and keep receiving text messages from telstra  to say I have missed calls. A lookup indicates the calls appear to be coming from spammers (the ones that try to sell insurance, etc.) Since this is a mobile broadband service not used for calls is there any way to block inbound calls or at least stop telstra sending me the sms for these? Its a pain in the butt as I have to log in to the home screen to find out if they are genuine service messages or just more spam.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Spam calls to Post-Paid USB Mobile Broadband devices

No. I don't believe that there is a way to stop them. If it is the spam calls, then the number that they call from usually changes.

If they are actually local companies, find out who they are and then lodge a request with them to stop calling, and register the mobile number of your device with the Do Not Call Register as well.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now