CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

TELSTRA COVERAGE ON SPIRIT OF TASMANIA

hello

I was wondering whether any of you guys have recently been on the spirit of tasmania from melb to devonport and how you have found the coverage.

I wanted to use my telstra ELITE wifi device on board.

The maps seem to say there will will be coverage (albeit some limited) most of the way, but i figure if somebody has done the trek, that would be the best advice.

Thank you in antipation.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: TELSTRA COVERAGE ON SPIRIT OF TASMANIA

Hi RGEE, yes indeed we have done the trip, a daytime crossing, weather was great and seas as smooth as silk, which I'm told is a bit like winning lottoo.

I used both my Samsung Galaxy Note 1 3g model and also at that time a Motorola Zoom tablet also with a 3g internal card. Both returned great results, we had coverage in fact for most of the journey, lost a bit when right out in the middle of the strait.

A more recent trip the zoom was replaced with our 4G Sony tablet and it performed like a trooper.

You should have no problems what so ever using your device.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: TELSTRA COVERAGE ON SPIRIT OF TASMANIA

thanks jeff

i just heard some funny things that on the two refurbished ships, which started this month, there was a problem with internet supply - that is, maybe they haven't got aerials sorted yet or that sort of thing?

what that affect telstra customers, or is it nothing to do with it?

regards richard

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit