Highlighted
mloricha
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra 3G USB (E353T) - Cannot detect SIM card

Answered

Hi.  Dongle has been working fine up to this morning but now I'm getting the message that the SIM cannot be detected.  Any suggestions???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra 3G USB (E353T) - Cannot detect SIM card

Hi mloricha

Are you still experiencing problems with the SIM card not being detected?

If so could you try insert the SIM into a Telstra mobile or data device and see if SIM and signal is found

If the SIM is still not detected it would be a SIM card issue and I would recommend going to a Telstra store to have the SIM replaced,

If the SIM works in another device, Bring the Device to the Telstra Store for evaluation and if they are not able to resolve this in the store the handset may be sent off to the National Repair Centre for further assessment.

- Steve J

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi mloricha

Are you still experiencing problems with the SIM card not being detected?

If so could you try insert the SIM into a Telstra mobile or data device and see if SIM and signal is found

If the SIM is still not detected it would be a SIM card issue and I would recommend going to a Telstra store to have the SIM replaced,

If the SIM works in another device, Bring the Device to the Telstra Store for evaluation and if they are not able to resolve this in the store the handset may be sent off to the National Repair Centre for further assessment.

- Steve J

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

JanineH

My E353T is no longer working on my current laptop but still works on an old laptop.  I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my newer laptop and wonder if I need to reinstall the driver.  If so, how?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi JanineH,

Unfortunately these devices aren't supported officially on Windows 10 yet.

-Matt W

JanineH

What do you suggest?  Should I attempt to upgrade it?  Do I wait?  I need it to be in working order in four weeks time.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

There is a work around for two of our devices but we cannot guarantee if this will work on your computer. 

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Broadband-KB/Telstra-USB-and-Windows-10-Incompatibilit...

My suggestion would be to obtain an Mobile Broadband Wi-FI device so you can connect your laptop to it via Wi-Fi. Saves having the compatibility issues with the USB devices. 

-Matt W

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more