douglean
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra 4G Data has been broken in Dickson ACT for 3+ weeks (but 3G Data still works!)

Answered

Telstra 4G Data has been broken in Dickson ACT for 3+ weeks.

Since at least early-mid December 2015 every time I've driven past Dickson Place in Dickson ACT my iPhone 6 IOS 9.2 using APN of telstra.wap has dropped it's internet connection.

Disabling 4G Data immediately gets a good conection with 3G Data, but otherwise on 4G it just sits "Connecting" forever.

For confirmation, check out the frustrated Uber users website and the references to Dickson as the Bermuda Triangle of Telstra Mobile Data !  It works just fine for Vodafone, Optus, and Telstra 3G.

Or perhaps as a result of this post an incident could be raised to check out the configuration and 4G routing of the Tesltra tower supporting several hundred metres around Dickson Place in Dickson ACT, postcode 2602, because it's broken.

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
douglean
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra 4G Data has been broken in Dickson ACT for 3+ weeks (but 3G Data still works!)

Seems to be working again.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra 4G Data has been broken in Dickson ACT for 3+ weeks (but 3G Data still works!)

Hi Doulean, 

We've had some customers report the same problem in this area, so it has been flagged with us. We have a team monitoring and investigating the performance of this site as of mid December 2015.  Unfortunately that's the all the info I have regarding this tower.

- Jon 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

douglean
Accepted Solution

Seems to be working again.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now