CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra 4GX WI FI Plus

Answered

I have a Telstra 4GX  Plus WI FI stick, how many lights should be showing on this device when in use, my wife has a 4G Night Hawk WI FI we have had a good run with Telstra for about 6 years with very little drama, but in the last 6 months we have had nothing but grief with our internet lagging out very slow, we only just found out a few weeks ago that the 4G tower in our area  has been out of service for some months and we were only receiving a 3G service, but still had been paying for a 4G service, no one else in the town even knew, but plenty of complaining about the slow laggy servicebut apparently telstra told me it had just been repaired but has made no difference, my wife's IPhone even lags out, she hopes on her phone to look up something such as a picture and sometimes takes so long she just turns it off and could not be bothered, my phone does the same but not as bad as hers, now the tricky part, I work away from home for 4 to 5 days a week about 2-1/2 hours away and I still have the same problems as I do when I go back home, it is as if we have had our internet slowed right down, we have a netflix box which sometimes we just give up trying to watch, anyone have any ideas what maybe going on with our WI FI, as it is driving us insane and thinking of going to another internet provider, have enjoyed been with telstra for so long but it has got to a point of been ridiculous, and leave us with no other choice, any ideas or help would be great

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra 4GX WI FI Plus

In the Mobile Network settings is the preferred mode set to Auto or is it set to 3 G only?

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Have you checked to see if you have exceeded your data allowance. Data gets slowed to 1.5 Mbps once allowance is exceeded.

Highlighted

Not exceeded data allowance never use anywhere near our limit our limit is 115GB a month and only ever seem to get to use 85-95% of our limit so we know that is not the course of it, so frustrating, takes ever to load pictures on facebook, cannot play games with friends as cannot do anything because lag out all the time, it happens even when I am away from home for the week, so happening no matter where we are, but it seems as you said as if we have had our data slowed down.

thanks for trying to help cf4 appreciate any ideas or help

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

In the Mobile Network settings is the preferred mode set to Auto or is it set to 3 G only?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for the suggestion cf4, Yes it is set on auto, wife and I have decided we have had enough of this and sometime this week coming have decided to move to another carrier, we cannot put up with this anymore, wife uses a Netgear, I use a telstra 4G stick, and both have slow laggy internet, so it is not just one it is both, and even when I am away from home hours away we still both have the same problem, just seems we are been capped for the last 6 months

Ok so weird Sunday night the 16th my internet became super fast again and have had no drama's, wife said same her way back up home 2 1/2 hours away from were i work, so for 5 to 6 months of slow laggy internet all of a sudden back to how it was, and I was going to change to another carrier this week, but will give this a chance to prove itself, just so strange and weird now we both have to get use to fast internet again not use to this speed anymore after so many months of been pee'd off, would really like to know what was going on

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit