Highlighted
MacManOz
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra 4GX Wi-Fi Pro

My ADSL is crap (unusable) and NBN won’t be available until June next year. I wish to buy a solution that will allow me to fill the gap. I was thinking of buying the Telstra 4GX Wi-Fi Pro for $99 outright but I wish to add a post paid plan. I was thinking of buying the $89.00 80GB post paid plan for 12 months and putting the SIM into the Telstra 4GX Wi-Fi Pro prepaid device. 

Will this his work or will Telstra do something silly and stop a prepaid device working with a post paid SIM?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra 4GX Wi-Fi Pro

Hey MacManOz,

When I was in the retail environment as a Tech Bar consultant, what you described was something I did fairly regularly. With that said, it was some time ago.

You might need to change the APN settings as I could see pre-paid and post-paid using different ones, otherwise what you describe should be well and truly possible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra 4GX Wi-Fi Pro

If you want to use ethernet, I can recommend Netgear Advanced 111 4GX modems and the ethernet cradle (which has a much more powerful WiFi and 4 ethernet ports). You can remove the battery, and use the cradle's power.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more