Sombat
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Cable Internet Outage - Customers Being Lied

Telstra,

I am wondering how do you guys as a business operate so poorly and lie to your customers time and time again? We are prepared to escalate to Telecom Ombudsmen and the media. We are fed up.

On Friday 24/05/19 at 2:00am there was an outage with Telstra Cable Internet in the area of Mount Pritchard NSW 2170. We have contacted Telstra atleast 3-4 times now all being told that it will be fixed by 7pm but it is not. Everyday from then I call Telstra to be told the same 7pm excuse.
So tonight at 7pm I check if internet is working and it still not so I called Telstra again and they said there is a LPCIX cable burnt out at the hub. It’s been 4-5 days since last Friday and they had all that time to fix this problem what is Telstra doing? Just bludging and lying to their customers? Very unacceptable and unprofessional.

Telstra what are you going to do about this? It about to be a week soon without internet in Mount Pritchard area. Businesses and people have to work and money is being loss due to no internet. I don’t want to hear the same excuse and lies. What are your workers doing? Basically bludging I suggest you guys get a hold of them and keep them in line.

Very angry and disappointed in how Telstra treats customers and operates. Will be changing Providers if nothing is done.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra Cable Internet Outage - Customers Being Lied

From what I can see the outage stated on the 24/05/2019 and isn't going to be resolved until 1900 on the 28/05/2019.

Mount Pritchard is in the middle of an NBN build/active area for NBN HFC and FTTC, its possible that the root cause is due to NBN works, since they own the cable infrastructure in the area.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Unfortunately Telstra can't force NBN to speed up their repair works (They own practically all of the cable infrastructure now), nor get them to provide a more accurate time frame for when this work will be complete.
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Sombat
Level 1: Cadet

This is pathetic. We call every day and get told by the Indian call centre it will be fixed by 7pm every freaking day, and it is all a lie. It’s a scam for them to make more money? Also on request for Australian call centre transfer they always refuse because if they transfer they won’t get paid? Stop playing games and help us.

Now I have been told 2 different stories either it is NBNCO cable installation or it’s a LPCIX cable burnt out. But that is beside the case it has been 5 days and Telstra has nothing to show for it? Even after escalating the issue. Always tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow excuse. What the hell are your technicians doing? I have requested a job time sheet of the workers who come out to fix in my area and there has only been 1 day that they came out to check on the problem, what the hell are your workers doing? Bludging and not doing their job of course otherwise this issue would been fixed long time ago!

It would be faster changing providers than to wait for Telstra excuses and lies. Why can’t you help us and fix it, most importantly tell us the truth?

Give us Australian call centre contact number or fix the issue now! Your Oversea call centre are useless and scripted robots that are just making us go around in circles just so we keep calling back so they make their money. What a joke. Will be getting in touch with the TIO real soon and will let everyone know how Telstra operates! This is pathetic!

The outage in your area has been extended to 29 May 2019 7:00 PM When the outage is over you can contact billing for a credit.

You can't be transferred to an onshore contact centre for cable faults as to my knowledge there is no onshore centre for cable faults that you can be transferred to.

Transferring to a different provider would not make a difference if there is an outage as another providers services would also be affected.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now