CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
malkev
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Elite PP mobile wifi - devices won't pick up!

Answered

Hi

I've got a Telstra Elite prepaid mobile wifi and had been using it fine in the past.  for some reason now no devices will pick up the signal although the device itself says it is connected.  Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Elite PP mobile wifi - devices won't pick up!

If it has a WPS button, hold both the power and WPS button until the device restarts. 

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

If it has a WPS button, hold both the power and WPS button until the device restarts. 

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Cheetah68
Level 1: Cadet

My elite is fully charged but when I try to put it on I only get sign power on then relates then it just goes off. If I hold down the button the telstra stays on until I let it go. Have tried holding down the two buttons with no change. Help
bobshaw
Level 2: Rookie

Had the same problem. Thanks for the solution
IThompson

Hi

Thanks for the tip. I know this is an old question but my Elite seems be doing the same now.

The unit starts and connects to the Telstra network (or at least that what the disply shows) but no devices 'see' the WiFi, as though no SSID is transmitted.

I tried the two button start without success. Any other suggestions, please?

Ian

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi IThompson, 

Usually its the two buttons Power and WPS that should factory default it, or take a look at the back of it and there should be a reset pinhole, try pressing that down for 10 seconds or so.

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

IThompson

Hi Jon

Thanks for the advice. I have tried the 'two-button' restart a number of times and the unit is still not 'seen' by any WiFi device. I have held the buttons from first paower on to connected to Telstra netwook, and lots of times in between. I don't see any reset pinhole on this unit.

Can you suggest anything else?

Thanks

Ian

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi 

Ian, can you tell me the device model number or post a picture or link to the unit you are using?

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

IThompson

Hi Jon

Model MF60 - EAN: 6934933015784

Is this enough info?

Thanks again

Ian

IThompson

I solved it .. more by luck and trial & error than anything.
This unit resets by pressing the power and WPS buttons together when the unit is already powered on. Hold the buttons in until the 'restarting' message comes on the screen then release. All should be fine, at least it was for me.

Ian

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now