CrowdSupport®
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Elite WiFi

Not to sure where I should post this, but since I use the above with my laptop, I guess this place is as good as any.

Okay background.

Personally I loathe anything Telstra, however due to my current location – Tasmania I have my Pre Paid Mobile Phone with them.

At home I use my desktop which has ADSL2, when I travel I take my laptop, mainly to keep mobile costs down (Skype).

I do however sometimes watch my TV shows online when I am away and on my laptop.

I have two WiFi Modems Vodafone and a brand spanking new Telstra Elite.

Depending on where I am, decides which modem I use, Vodafone I prefer because you get more bang for your buck. Telstra I use only where Vodafone have no coverage.

Remember I said I watch online TV? When I use my LAN or Vodafone WiFi, I can stream my TV shows no problem.

However, whenever I use the Telstra WiFi, the pages all load (faster than my ADSL2), but I get this ;-
http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/Fiery_WA/Untitled_zps9c06df6d.jpg

Use my Vodafone WiFi, it plays, use my LAN it plays, use my Telstra Wifi no go.

I have contacted Telstra, who have now sent me down to the local Telstra Shop twice, but with no fix.

Can anyone give me an indication as to why two other connections (Vodafone is slow) will work but the Telstra one will not?

Below is on LAN and I would show you Vodafone, but I need to recharge.

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/Fiery_WA/Untitled1_zps68891878.jpg

Ooops forgot to say i get the same error in both Firefox and IE, and I even downloaded Chrome, same error.

Tech Support say go to the Telstra Shop, the Telstra Shop just shake their heads, say I don't know too hardm  contact Telstra, and so the loop continues.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra Elite WiFi

Hi Redheaded-Vixen,

We have replicated the issue you're experiencing at our end. It appears it isn't working on the Telstra Mobile network, I can certainly have this investigated for you.

I'll be sending you a private message with a form to complete. This will help us capture some of your details so we can follow up on this for you.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Filled out the form, do you need my mobile broadband number?

Highlighted

Still waiting for a resolution  Woman Mad

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I can't see the form on our end for you. Do you have the reference number the form provides when completing it? If so can you please private message it to me. If not please complete the form again and private message the reference number and I'll have it followed up for you.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

#130527-037628 I refilled the form that is the second number I didn't record the first

Highlighted

I would also like to re iterate that the two .jpegs I have shown are just that two, (allmyvideos) it doesn't matter what company hosts the TV show, Putlocker, Sockshare, Vidbux, DoneVideo, all of them end up loading the page perfectly, but the minute I hit play the error message comes up.  Once again this only happens with the Telstra service, my Vodafone WiFi Mobile Broadband works perfectly as does my ADSL2+

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit