CrowdSupport®
MikeC
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Email

Hi,

I have received and email from "Telstra-communications@news.telstra.com with the heading:

Important information about your Mobile Broadband usage

It states: 

Our analysis shows you have incurred excess data charges. We want to confirm whether you experienced any issues receiving notifications on your Mobile Broadband device. If you incurred excess data charges because you did not know you were going to exceed your included data usage allowance, you will be eligible for a refund.

If you believe you are eligible for a refund please complete the form here: telstra.com.au/mbbrefundform1

If you are eligible for a refund we'll contact you via SMS to confirm the amount of the refund.

You'll need to include in the webform the following two pieces of information:

**************************************************************************************

It gives all my account details and reference numbers

Is this a scam or is it okay to respond on links provided?

Kind regards

Mike

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra Email

I'm 97% sure, especially if it has actual reference mumbers. To be 100% sure you could contact Telstra via Live Chat or phone. If you do...be sure to ask for an Interaction number and preferably the D staff number who you speak to.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now