CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
JohnClinton
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Netgear USB and Windows 10 Incompatibility

I received an email from Telstra a few weeks ago stating that my Netgear USB 320U was incompatible with Windows 10.  It stated also that Telstra  was working with its vendor and software teams to update the connection manager as soon as possible.

The email also gave me a link to a workaround that was quite complicated and I am not game to try it.

Has anyone any information when the promised update to the connection manager will be available?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Telstra Netgear USB and Windows 10 Incompatibility

Hi there John, haven't seen anyone come out and state that there were any updates available.

However having said that I notice that a windows 10 watcher app has now been put up as per the following link: http://support.netgear.com/product/AirCard%2B320U%2B$28Telstra$29

Netgear on their site have had this to say in relation to the uni, suggesting that the Watcher software would see the unit function OK with Windows 10.

Air.jpg

Compatible as-is with the Windows 10 built-in Network Manager. If you wish to use the NETGEAR "Watcher" connection manager, Please use the latest NETGEAR Watcher software.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
JohnClinton
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Telstra Netgear USB and Windows 10 Incompatibility

@DEANJA wrote:

Hi there John, haven't seen anyone come out and state that there were any updates available.

However having said that I notice that a windows 10 watcher app has now been put up as per the following link: http://support.netgear.com/product/AirCard%2B320U%2B$28Telstra$29

Netgear on their site have had this to say in relation to the uni, suggesting that the Watcher software would see the unit function OK with Windows 10.

Air.jpg

Compatible as-is with the Windows 10 built-in Network Manager. If you wish to use the NETGEAR "Watcher" connection manager, Please use the latest NETGEAR Watcher software.

Signature.gif

Thanks Jeff,

I'll download it and give it a try.

Many thanks for your interest.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now