CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
maddy61
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Plus

Answered

Hi, I'm  currently on a wireless mobile wireless broadband plan, but it will expire soon. I'm interested on changing to prepaid mobile broadban plan plus. If I recharge to $150, 25gb, 365 days, I understand that left over data cannot be roll over.  But if I used all these data before the expiry date ( approx. 120 days ), & recharge $50, 10gb, 28 days ( leftover data can be rollover if recharge before the expiry date), which expiry date would apply?  Also, if I recharge from 365 days to 28 days, should I go to manage my account & change my offer? Please if anyone from Telstra can explain this for me will be very much appreciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Plus

The way to make that change would then just be to connect up a PrePaid Mobile Broadband service, and put the sim in your existing modem. That wouldn't normally take more than a day.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
maddy61

Hello Telstra support team ! can you please answer this inquiry, or maybe you don't know yourself, the details are nowhere to be found in critical information summary. What hope does a telstra customer got in understanding the offers if the people working for telstra don't know themselves.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi maddy61, 

Any new data applied would then change the end date to the new data added end date. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

maddy61

Thanks Ian, so if I recharge for let's say $50, 10gb a few times, before expiry of every  28 days,  & the data rollover in every recharge, & then I decided to recharge $150, 25gb, 365 days. That means that the expiry date will change to the expiry of the 365 days. Is the remainder of the data from 28 days rollover to the 365 days recharge?

Support Team
Support Team

Hello Maddy81

The expiry date is 28 days on top up amounts of  $30, $50 and $90 recharges, unused data expires unless you recharge before expiry  data will then roll over and expire at the end of the next 28 day period or if you want to have the service active and for 365 days you can top up $150 for 25GB and the data does not roll over 

What amount are you starting the service with?.

maddy61

Hi KathleenC,

Thank you for your response, but that didn't clarify my inquiry.  Let's say if I start with $50, 10gb, 28 days expiry, recharging for 3 months (recharging before 28 days expiry) & accumulated a rollover data of let's say about 16gb. Now, if I  recharge $150, 25gb, 365 days expiry, will that left over data of 16gb from previous 28 days recharge rollover to the new $150, 25gb, 365 days recharge.

Support Team
Support Team

Bonus data only applies to the offer it is accrued on, so if you change your offer to long life to get that 365 day recharge your existing bonus data won't come with you.

maddy61

Hi,

Post paid broadband plan will expire soon, can I change to prepaid using existing sim card from the plan? thanks

Support Team
Support Team

Yes you can, you don't need to change your sim card or phone number to move offers, we have information on how to do that online here:

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/pre-paid/check-or-change-your-pre-paid-o...

maddy61

Thank you so much Dylan.Smiley Happy

Support Team
Support Team

Happy to help @maddy61

maddy61

Hi, I just want some advise, my broadband plan doesn't expire until five days, would you be able to tell me how long is the process to change from plan to prepaid? Thanks

Support Team
Support Team

Is that a Mobile Broadband Service?

maddy61

Hi Dylan, it is a mobile wireless broadband internet. Thanks

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

The way to make that change would then just be to connect up a PrePaid Mobile Broadband service, and put the sim in your existing modem. That wouldn't normally take more than a day.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now