CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
wrongway
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra USB and Windows 10 Incompatibility

I have had broadband connection problems since upgrading to Windows 10.

I uninstalled the previous version of Connection Manager and installed Connection Manager 3.17.30227.

I then followed the steps outlined in the item from Tim Bartell:

Telstra USB and Windows 10 Incompatibility

When I started the new version of Connection Manager and ran Enable NDIS 6.2 it appeared to run OK but the Apply Button did not activate so I just clicked on OK.

Then I followed all of the steps outlined in the article for Post Paid and when I finally tried to Connect I get a message telling me that there is no Internet connection.

The Disconnect button is activated though.

Anything further you can suggest?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
24 REPLIES 24
Marknel
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Telstra USB and Windows 10 Incompatibility

Status is connected but no internet access? Seems to be no data flow. But you need to ring BigPond TechSupport to double check if there's an actual active session, if there is, try disabling your AV/Firewall and try to browse again.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Wrongway,

There has been an issue identified with Windows 10 and Telstra/BigPond USB devices. Basically, the drivers required to use the devices is not compatible. We are aware of the issue and we are working to fix this ASAP. Sorry!

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

bgr

i am having similar problem with my mobile broardband telstra/netgear usb advised by telstra that it is not compatiable wiyh windows 10 thats all i know

barry74

bgr

hey telstra has there been any progress with compatibity netgear mobile broadband/windows 10 problem i want to return to windows 10 asap

bgr

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey bgr,

There isn't an update on the drivers as of yet, but if you give our Mobile Broadband team a call on 133933 a work-around has been found to get this working in the mean time.

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

captmagic

You lot are useless. I don't know how many hours I have wasted trying to get my USB 4G to work.

When are you going to have a real fix???

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Captmagic 

Thanks for your feedback.  We are doing what we can to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Did you call the Mobile Support team on 133933 to try the workaround as my colleague Brodie mentioned? 

Regards 

captmagic

I have spent nearly an hour on the phone and it still isn't working!
captmagic

under windows/settings/telstra mobile the device details are displayed but Mobile Broadband Manager doesn't detect it, despite trying different usb slots, restarting PC etc etc.
captmagic

Clearly telstra bigpond manager hasn't been fixed to handle windows 10. Just how long will it take?????

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi guys, 

I would recommend uninstalling the Telstra connection manager and downloading directly from the netgear website as the new software supports Windows 10.

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/AirCard%20320U%20%28Telstra%29#searchResults

- Jon

MG33

I have the same problem.

After several calls to Support it's obvious there's no fix for this.

Might be time to look for another provider.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi MG33

Did the link in Jon's post above yours help? 
The direct software from Netgear for the device should get you back up and running.

RMC28

Hi

Is there any chance there will be resolution of this problem before the end of the year...2015?

Windows 10 is only available at no charge until the end of December.

Given this issue has been a problem since Windows 10 was released several months ago, it would be nice if a proper fix was available soon...and not a workaround.

Can you please update your 'valued' bigpond customers and provide an eta for resolution ASAP.

Thank you.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi RMC28

I'll be forwarding your concerns to our Social Media Tech team so that they can touch base with you later in the day. 

Regards 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patients while we update our software.

I've put up some new information here - https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Broadband-3G-4G/Compatibility-issues-for-AC320U-and-AC...

Nick

littleozzzie

my mobile modem wont work with windows 10 as well. you say to download net gear, how can i do that when you cant even fix my land line. no internet since friday,its now monday and wont get fixed till tuesday. think you need more tech staff out in the field and stop cost cutting, i am sure the CEO can live of 200.000 a year, and not get a 1 million bonus that could be spent updating your systems to support wireless modems for windows 10. I feel sorry for the staff having to deal with all the frustrated customers. to scared to answer a call from telstra, i just might loss my blob and say something bad

littleozzzie

I think sometimes Telstra forget we are all not computer savy. tech talk fryes my brain.

Ihatecomputers

I have managed to get my internet working, although now it drops out every twenty minutes or so and I have to wait a while and restart my computer to get access to the internet again.  I have spent days searching the net for a solution and nothing works.

Please, someone have some ideas.

Thank you

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ihatecomputers

So that we can get the best advice for you, I'll be forwarding your concerns to our Social Media Tech team so that they can touch base with you.  As this team only work Monday to Friday, the earliest you can expect to hear from them is Monday. 

Kind Regards 

Nickiss

Ok. So it has been more than 9 months since this issue first arose and there IS STILL NO SOFTWARE SOLUTION!! Just get it fixed! Absolutely pathetic.

Nickiss

Nick, we will all end up being patients in the mental asylum after we lose our patience over this problem that should have been rectified months ago!
Ikland

I'm not sure if it's of any assistance to anyone, but my Dad's laptop which runs Windows 10 Home Edition, was running an old version of Telstra's Broadband Connection Manager software quite happily.  That was until Windows did an Automatic update of some drivers or something and since then, whenever Connection Manager was run, it would report that "Connection Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close".  After trying numerous things, I found that by setting the "Compatibility" level to something old like Windows XP, that it would run happily again.  So it nows runs again without giving an error and closing.

f-lynda

Thanks - that worked a treat Smiley Happy

Lynda

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now