CrowdSupport®
mallinss
Level 6: Bloodhound

Telstra Unlimited Mobile Broadband

When will Telstra offer a 'true' unlimited mobile broadband service ? When I say 'true', I mean one where I can stick the SIM in a modem and use it for home, as I live in remote NSW, and 4G is my only option.

Regards

Steve

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra Unlimited Mobile Broadband

I share your pain!
It won't happen in my lifetime as mobile infrastructure and spectrum are both horrendously expensive to establish and maintain.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
mallinss

Well, unlike Telstra, Optus actually have a good 4G Mobile Broadband option, $80 / Month, no contract for 200GB... at least Telstra could offer something competitive to this, sure, not unlimited, but better than nothing.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The difference is that they limit the speed to 6/8/12Mbps depending on the area you are in... You limit the speed, you limit the load and thus mean you can do more without impacting the network as much...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 22: Superhuman

I don't think Optus provide anything like the speeds of Telstra. I have used only mobile broadband for almost 3 years and I've never had less than 70 mb/s
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
mallinss

Thats correct, Optus only have a 10 MHz bandwidth on there 4G unlike Telstra who have 20 Mhz, with Telstra, I currently get 100 ~ 130 Mbps pretty much all the time, with my Optus 4G service, its between 5 ~ 30 Mbps... but I am OK with that, 100 + is awesome, but I don't really need that speed for what I need. Be nice if Telstra had a 4G service which capped speeds at 20 ~ 30 Mbps down for a good price with a reasonable download limit, much like Optus Smiley Happy

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now