CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Mike6609
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra WI-FI 4G Advanced Pro X

Answered

I have just connected a new Telstra Wi-Fi Advanced Pro X and the signal is alternating between 3G and H with most of the time being H. When the signal is on H (which shows up on the device screen as well as the wi-fi home page), the speed drops dramatically to the point where pages sometimes won't load at all.

Does anyone know what the H signal means? There is no reference to it on the Telstra or Huawei websites or any other forums I checked. I am in a rural area where the tower has yet to be upgraded to 4GX.

Thanks Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra WI-FI 4G Advanced Pro X

H stands for High Speed Packet Access. It is a faster form of 3G. You should still get good speeds in that mode.

Edit: Mine switches between H and 4G all the time and I never noticed much of a speed loss. Maybe you are a bit further from a tower than me.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

H stands for High Speed Packet Access. It is a faster form of 3G. You should still get good speeds in that mode.

Edit: Mine switches between H and 4G all the time and I never noticed much of a speed loss. Maybe you are a bit further from a tower than me.

View solution in original post

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Telstra Call it NextG... because their marketing team are slightly in love with creating pretentious names... but that is usual for marketing teams Smiley Happy

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Mike6609
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Yeldarb & DrQwerty90

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now