Ramcd
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Yagi Antenna AT 700MHz?

Answered

Can someone tell me please if the Telstra Yagi antenna runs in the same spectrum as 4GX (700MHZ)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Yagi Antenna AT 700MHz?

Do you mean the Telstra supplied yagi for the Telstra Go repeater??
If that's what you mean.... it does 700 megs which is part of 4GX
I have one right here. In fact I re-transmit inside my place internally on 700 megs only.
But....the yagi is used for receiving from and transmitting to the nearest Telstra base station on 4GX which includes 700megs
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

Do you mean the Telstra supplied yagi for the Telstra Go repeater??
If that's what you mean.... it does 700 megs which is part of 4GX
I have one right here. In fact I re-transmit inside my place internally on 700 megs only.
But....the yagi is used for receiving from and transmitting to the nearest Telstra base station on 4GX which includes 700megs
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Ramcd

Thanks, that's exactly the information I was looking for.

Another question, the tower I'm hooking into is 4871124, it has both 3G (850MHz) and 4GX (700MHz) so is the Telstra Yagi antenna set at 700MHx or will it cover both spectrum's?

Level 24: Supreme Being

A 700MHz antenna will usually cover the 700MHz to 900MHz range as a minimum, so it will be OK.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Thanks for the Like
The yagi antenna will cover from 700 to 2600 megs which are the lowest and highest frequencies in 4GX though 1850 is most used depending upon topography 3G 850 will be fine. I've used this antenna for 3G only. The most important thing is the precise direction you point it at and anything in its line of sight. Using Cel Fi software for the Telstra Go stationary antenna...Wave app which is used to set and control the repeater has a menu where you can try and record 10 antenna signal strength tests to ascertain the best configuration
Weather will also affect signal propogation...which is an inexact science.
Ramcd

Ok, thanks for the responses.
After doing some more research this morning and finding Telstra 4GX modems, is it possible to connect a Yagi antenna into these modems and would it be a better bet than the Telstra Go Repeater?
What I'd really like to do is to purchase the new $199/month unlimited plan and use both mobile phone and PC for internet whilst keeping in mind Telstra's Fair Play Policy.

If you are going to go for the $199 Unlimited Plan then this will mean tethering to your phone as you cannot put a phone SIM into a modem without your SIM being disabled due to breaching the rules.

A Go Repeater would work nicely if your phone reception isn't great indoors (but good outdoors), but would set you back somewhere between $1200-$1500 installed, antenna included.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more