Highlighted
cassandra
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Telstra dongle

Answered

Hi, I have switched over to the nbn.

I was previously using a Telstra dongle to connect to the internet.  I have some data left - which I realise I will lose.

My question is can I do anything with my ‘$16 .00 Recharge Credit’, like transferring it to a prepaid mobile phone?

I spoke to someone at prepaid customer service and was told I could put the SIM card in a mobile phone and transfer the credit from the dongle to another mobile phone.  

When I tried this - there was no menu to transfer money - only data.

Does this mean I will lose my $16 credit, as well as the remaining data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra dongle

I'm glad you could finally get some transferred.

If you were going to close the Pre-paid dongle account down and the Telstra Pre-paid staff were told this, they could have transferred all of the money.

They transferred all of the credit from one Pre-paid mobile to another when I told them that I didn't need the number active anymore.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

Hi cassandra,

Contact Telstra Pre-paid again and ask them to transfer the $16 to a Pre-paid mobile for you.

My Pre-paid mobile broadband sim doesn't have the option anymore to tranfer the credit if I put it into a mobile phone, and my plan hasn't changed.
I phone the Pre-paid team and they transfer it for me.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
cassandra

Thanks, but the prepaid support told me they couldn’t transfer the money and to try #100# but that didn’t work.
cassandra

Hi again.

I rang Telstra prepaid support, again - got someone else this time, said they could only transfer $10 of the $16, which they did. As this account is out of time tonight, I will settle for that. Thanks again.

Yes, I've also had some staff tell me that they couldn't transfer it for me.
I tell them that I've tried to do it myself but the option in the menu has disappeared.
If one staff member doesn't transfer it for me I hang up and ring back again and the next person does transfer it.
It should be able to be transferred with the first person we speak to but unfortunately some of the staff don't know what they're doing.
Accepted Solution

I'm glad you could finally get some transferred.

If you were going to close the Pre-paid dongle account down and the Telstra Pre-paid staff were told this, they could have transferred all of the money.

They transferred all of the credit from one Pre-paid mobile to another when I told them that I didn't need the number active anymore.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more