Highlighted
Anorax
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra shop - order plan and pickup 4G Advanced Pro X from shop?

Answered

I am wanting to order a 4G Advanced Pro X on a Broadband Explorer plan (noted here http://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/mobile-broadband/plans/). Unfortunately when I go to complete the order it says I can only receive the unit at home and they will not deliver to my work address or Parcel Locker address.

Given that I am never at home during the day is it possible to order the plan and pickup the unit at a Telstra shop?

Telstra customer | 2 iPhone plans | 4G Nighthawk plan
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra shop - order plan and pickup 4G Advanced Pro X from shop?

If you wish to do this, then they would likely suggest placing the order in-store.

I believe they reason they limit deliveries to home addresses is that this forms part of their identity verification process, because unlike in-store they can't photocopy all your ID on the internet store.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Accepted Solution

I would jump on Live Chat or give them a call.

Even though it says it's activated my personal experience is that the system doesn't auto-activate until it sees the order as complete/delivered which is up to a day or two after you actually receive the device.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Anorax
Accepted Solution

Just an update on this. I contacted support today to find out the status of the activation. The rep put me through to the Activations department and they had to manually activate the SIM. Once this was done about 10 minutes later I could connect to 4G.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Accepted Solution

If you wish to do this, then they would likely suggest placing the order in-store.

I believe they reason they limit deliveries to home addresses is that this forms part of their identity verification process, because unlike in-store they can't photocopy all your ID on the internet store.

Anorax

Thanks for the answer.

I now have the Pro X and installed the Micro SIM card and turned it on. It currently says "No Service". The letter I received says my Micro SIM card is supposed to be pre-activated for a Post-Paid plan.

Should I wait a couple of hours or should this be active immediately? If I go into the m.home settings it does find the local Telstra network but if I manual connect it is unable to do so.

Accepted Solution

I would jump on Live Chat or give them a call.

Even though it says it's activated my personal experience is that the system doesn't auto-activate until it sees the order as complete/delivered which is up to a day or two after you actually receive the device.

Anorax

Yup I had a chat with support today as per your recommendation. They confirmed my details were on the system and the SIM was in the queue for activation which can take up to 2-3 days from issue of the device. He stated they can't expedite the activation.

I would suggest Gerd Schenkel probably needs to meet with his support team and consider re-wording the letter supplied with the device. It states and I quote:

"Your new SIM comes pre-activated. Just insert it into your new mobile and you're up and running."

They probably need to add a caveat which states "Except when it isn't pre-activated and may take up to 3 days to activate". They also need to consider changing the language in the letter as it seems to be a pro-forma letter directed at phone users. The Pro X isn't a phone. It is a wireless 4G hotspot. Smiley Wink

It's not a big problem for me personally as I am currently hotspotting off my iPad 3G but for other customers with no options and less patience I can imagine a lot of unnecessary support calls being generated because of the above activation delay.

Remember Telstra if you promise something make sure you can meet that promise. Smiley Wink

Oh and thanks for helping out Kalak!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for your feedback Anorax, I'll be sure to pass this onto our Prepaid team for you Smiley Happy

Let us know if you have any further queries Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Anorax
Accepted Solution

Just an update on this. I contacted support today to find out the status of the activation. The rep put me through to the Activations department and they had to manually activate the SIM. Once this was done about 10 minutes later I could connect to 4G.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Good to hear Anorax Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Great news. Thanks for coming back and letting us know Smiley Happy

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now