CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
bboraj
Level 2: Rookie

Toshiba Portege Z10T with connection manager problem

Answered

i bought a toshiba z10t 4G model. I have installed the sim and can connect to the internet through windows 8 conection manager.It shows up as Mobile Broadband Telstra.

When I downloaded the teslstar connection manager and installed nothing seems to work. t says sim card not present and when i try to chane apn to telstr.internet it wont save the setting.

when i had the perpaid telsta sim in my lenovo x201T (saldly died() i could send and receive sms messages through the lenovo connection mnager.. Is there any way this can be don eon the z10t

ta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sitcom
Accepted Solution

Re: Toshiba Portege Z10T with connection manager problem

All,

A work around that does the trick:

Uninstall the watcher delivered with the tablet.

download and install the watcher from Fujitsu - Build 3846A

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/content/QuicksearchResult.asp?q=sierra+wireless

It is compatible with the built in wireless broadband module (EM7305).

SMS send and receive from the SIM in the tablet is now possible.

Regards,

sitcom.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey bboraj,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

bboraj, I'm assuming that this is on the Telstra Post-Paid Mobile Broadband plan? If that's the case the Pre-Paid Telstra Connection Manager is not compatible with this device.

You'd need the Windows 8 Connection Manager to connect to the internet as you've described above and remove the Telstra Connection Manager which are for pre-paid devices and therefore your SIM card was not recognised.

You won't be able to send SMS the same way as the pre-paid SIM through your Toshiba Portege Z10T but you can definitely use apps that you can install on your PC and use the mobile number associated with your SIM to have the SMS credits taken from. You can try one of these SMS app from your PC. Thanks bboraj.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

bboraj

bboraj

Hi

I have a prepaid account (purchased a sim) and hve installed it ithe the Toshiba Z10t. telstr shows up in the connection place and I can connect to the internet.

I dont however hve access to sending and receiving sms messages like I did when the same sim was instlled in my lneovo x201T

when i install the prepaid connection manager it doesnt work - cant get it to recognise sim and the apn seems to not be saved or recognised.

ta

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey bboraj,

I will have this one escalated to our mobile broadband tech team for further assistance with having this work. They should be in contact via this post early today the 25/02/2014. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I am looking into this further for you bboraj and will be in contact once I have some answers for you.

-Matt W

bboraj

thanks

appreciated

bboraj

any news

ta

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi bboraj,

Unfortunately not as of yet. I'm awaiting a response on this. I'll be in contact once I hear back.

-Matt W

bboraj

hi

been a while any ews.

even if you can tell me if telstra has any sms service available from pc on any plan - prepaid or paid.

i dont hve a mobile pone so need an sms servive.

may have to move to a web based one but i cannot believe that a telstra plan does not exist

ta

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey bborqaj,

Give SMS Text Messaging ↔PC Texting a go bboraj, see if this works for you. Thank you.

sitcom

Hi Joe,

I too have a toshiba protege Z10t. The programs/apps you suggest require the use of a mobile phone running android. They do not access the SIM inside the protege from what I can see. You require a google account to run the apps as well.

What I am after is the ability to simpy send and receive SMS through the SIM in the tablet itself.

Can you researchthis issue?

Thanks,

sitcom.

sitcom
Accepted Solution

All,

A work around that does the trick:

Uninstall the watcher delivered with the tablet.

download and install the watcher from Fujitsu - Build 3846A

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/content/QuicksearchResult.asp?q=sierra+wireless

It is compatible with the built in wireless broadband module (EM7305).

SMS send and receive from the SIM in the tablet is now possible.

Regards,

sitcom.

bboraj

thanks

your solution works great

very happy

Tony

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now