CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
gwmbox
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Tower upgrades? When?

I'd like to be able to see if our local tower will be updated any time soon.  As far as I know from my last chat to a Telstra Technician that visited our property and from my own speedtests, the local tower we have is still capped at 3.6mbps, do we live in the 21st century or the 20th?

Is there a page on Telstra that provides dates or details of towers being updated?

Cheers

GW

Roll on the NBN!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
RareEarth
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Tower upgrades? When?

I attempted to find out if any upgrades were going to be carried out at my local exchange, and how I did it was through contacting the CEO's Office. Unfortunately, it was a slow process but I did eventually get feedback.

The best speed I can get is 2.60mbps 3.5km from the exchange directly in the line of sight...

Is It Soup Yet?
gwmbox

Exchange?  You mean tower?

It just annoys me when Telstra spouts and advertises about being the fastest service and we never see it, capped at 3.6mbps our local tower (6244) is well overdue for a update, and I guess the connecting towers to it as well.  3.6mbps speeds is 20th century stuff, we are 11 years into the 21st century and still on 3.6mbps, it is quite ridiculous really.

GW

Roll on the NBN!
RareEarth
Level 1: Cadet

Tower, yes.

I was quite frustrated at how slow the CEO's office responded to my enquiry. It took aprrox. 1.5 months for them to acknowledge my email and a further 2 weeks to investigate the problem when I was told it would take 3-5 days.

However, they adequately answered my questions so perhaps you should contact the CEO's office. Hopefully you'll recieve quicker service than I did.

Is It Soup Yet?
richardc0077
Level 4: Private Eye

try this for size  i live 700 mtrs south and 1.5 km south east form these towers and the best i get  1.5mbs and low signal even though i can see the wilberforce twoer from my door and i have a outside ant.

gwmbox

I have been told when you live so close it can often over shoot you and your connection is actually being received from another tower and not the local one.  If your antenna is a yagi and is pointing to the closest tower move it about 20 degrees away from line of sight and see if that helps.

GW

Roll on the NBN!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now